Looking for fun things to do in New Smyrna? Here’s info on local stuff we love!
Surf’s up in New Smyrna Beach. Surfers come from all over the state to test their skills at New Smyrna Beach every year. Ponce Inlet, on the outskirts of NSB, is especially famous in Florida for the best place to catch a wave on the East Coast. Swells average 4-5 ft in the summer in New Smyrna Beach.
If slow and steady is more your pace, try your wits at paddleboarding with New Smyrna Stand Up. Sunset tours, wine & cheese tours, and solo excursions are available at New Smyrna’s finest Stand Up Paddle Boarding company.
New Smyrna Beach is teeming with other fun things to do this summer. Here’s a few of our favorite local adventures:
- New Smyrna Dunes Park is perfect for all you dog-lovers. Pets are welcome on this beach in New Smyrna, so you can enjoy a beach day with your four-legged companion.
- Shark Park NSB – it’s no secret New Smyrna is the shark bite capital of the world, but learning and experiencing them firsthand at this local exploratory can do wonders to help us respect one another. For $10/person, you can’t afford not to stop in and check it out!
- Salty Rentals – the best way to check out New Smyrna Beach is by bicycle or golf cart rental. Salty Rentals is the only beach equipment rental shop located right on the beach in New Smryna where you can pick up your bike or golf cart rental and drive right onto the beach!
Outside the adventures, there’s tons of great restaurants in NSB; here’s our local picks for seaside grub and drinks:
- Canal Street District – on the mainland, historic Canal Street is home to unique art shops and local breweries. Spend the day strolling the street window shopping (and buying) while stopping for a beer (or three) along the way. Be sure to check out New Smyrna Beach’s own brewing company when you’re there.
- Norwood’s Eatery & Treehouse Bar – you won’t find a place quite like Norwood’s where you can sit in a tree and drink some of the best wine and cocktails around. A premiere wine list and local dishes are only a few of the features of this local favorite restaurant.
If you’d like a more inclusive getaway this summer, look no further than the Salty Mermaid Oceanfront Hotel in New Smyrna Beach. We have plenty of activities in-house so you’ll feel like you’re at an all inclusive resort (without the crazy resort fees and hassle).
Lounge on the oceanfront courtyard with bottomless mimosas with our mermosa weekend getaway package. Schedule an in-room massage or facial. Cruise around town on a luxury golf cart rental. Accommodations are plenty to make you feel like royalty at the Salty Mermaid Oceanfront Hotel – luxury hotel amenities from the ocean views to the bluetooth shower speakers to the plush pillow top mattresses.
Now is the best time to book while we’re running a Summer promo – book Sunday to Thursday for a discounted rate of $199/night. Call the office for details.
See you on the beach!
Share this story